Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Come On Israel, throw me a freaking bone!

I haven't had a lot of time to decompress what happened in Israel over the last week, but to me it stinks of crazy arrogance.  Just because the U.S. and Israel are close friends and allies doesn't mean that we'll agree on everything, but I believe that Israel is shooting itself in the foot here.  We give them $3 billion a year in money and fancy weaponry and they totally fart on the indirect negotiations as Vice President Biden is arriving?  This isn't about Obama's stature or Biden's, this is about the United States' position.  And just because you disagree with the state of Israel's international policy doesn't mean you don't think the Jewish State is important and essential to the world order, but come on!

Tom Friedman puts it more eloquent than I do here:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment